Frequently Asked Questions
We know that it can be difficult to have all the necessary documents before travelling : passport, tickets, luggage and more.
To be easier for you to prepare your luggage, please find below some useful information.
- Welcome on the boat on your arrival:
On board and at any time of the day or night, a member of the supervising team (instructor or manager) will be waiting to welcome you and show you to your cabin.
* To enter Egypt, your passport or ID card must be valid for 6 months after your return flight.
* On your arrival at the airport, our DMC will be waiting for you at the border office with a sign Anthias-Plongée Nautile Evo, he will give you the visa to cross the border and recover your luggage. Then, our partner will advise you where to find the driver outside the airport for the transfer to the boat.
Before traveling, take with you:
* Your diving documents (level cards, dive log, medical certificate (of one year), insurance
* Sun protection (cream, sunglasses)
* Light clothing for the day and warmer clothing in windy weather (rather early and late season)
* Your usual medications (We also have medicine on board)
* Replacement dive computer battery, batteries for your devices, mask strap and fins …
* Supplies for the aperitifs (alcohol and typical food from your region).
* Our cruises are planned for arrival and departure flights from Saturday to Saturday. The Nautile Evo leaves the quay around 7:30 on Sunday, departure day, and come back on Friday in the afternoon.
* On Sunday, departure day, after breakfast, you will attend the arrival briefing where the team will be presented and the trip of the week explained, all the rules of life on board, safety, courses and diving sites.
* The day of Saturday (before and after the cruise) is dedicated to the cleaning of the boat. For the working comfort of our staff, we ask you to leave the rooms and the boat from 09:00 to 16:00.
- Schedule of a typical day:
The instructors will come to your door between 5:30 and 6:30 (depending on the season). RDV at the sundeck bar for a coffee / tea and cake. Dive briefing in the next half hour and preparation to dive. Diving and breakfast. Rest, nap …
2nd dive around 10 am and lunch. Coffee, nap, idleness …
3rd dive around 3 pm. Aperitif together on the sundeck around 6 pm and dinner around 7:30 pm.
After each dive, the crew will serve you a fresh fruit juice accompanied by a snack delicacy.
All meals are held in the restaurant of NAUTILE EVO with the exception of 2 evening meals which will be served on the terrace of the top bridge.
All briefings and meals are punctuated by the bell to bring together all the divers.
BEFORE THE CRUISE :
You can leave your luggage on board from Saturday morning and come on board from 16:00.
AFTER THE CRUISE :
On Saturday morning, breakfast on board at 8 am. You will leave your cabins after breakfast and store your luggage in the restaurant so that the crew can clean the cabins.
You will have an appointment on board for your departure by minibus towards the airport.
- Hygiene and Safety on board :
* All foods are cleaned with mineral water. All cooking waters are mineral. The kitchen of the NAUTILE EVO is equipped with professional refrigerators and freezers which are followed and controlled very regularly. In case of problem on one, a 2nd is available.
We pay particular attention to respecting the cold chain.
* The NAUTILE EVO is equipped with fire detectors, fire extinguishers, lifeboats, an emergency exit located at the front of the lower deck (cabin Instructors) which leads to the bow of the boat. In each cabin are lifejackets and fire extinguishers. Evacuation plans are also in each cabin.
* In the event of an alarm (ringing non-stop), RDV on the sundeck with the monitors who will give the safety instructions.
* Smoking is prohibited inside and on the equipment platform.
* Safety in diving: several pharmacies are on board, an automatic defibrillator, oxygen and masks (BAVU). A tank will hang under the boat in case of air shortage.
* The 2 speedboats are equipped with mini pharmacies, Nitrox pendulum block and a pure O2 block.
* Diving in the Red Sea is limited to 40 m in recreational diving. (Air or nitrox). It is possible to extend this depth according to the prerogatives and equipment of the divers.
- Equipment available on board:
The NAUTILE EVO is equipped with a multimedia lounge. Possibility to watch movies (large collection of movies in French), library of books, guides on fish and Red Sea sites.
At the COSI Bar, you can connect a phone or a tablet to listen to music.
WIFI on board : free wifi is available aboard the Nautile Evo. When you arrive you will be able to give news to your family and friends. The data is limited in Egypt, so please turn off the automatic updates on your phone and avoid downloading heavy files or watching movies.
By respect for the environment, we have stopped providing single use plastic bottles. Our glasses are made of glass.If you would like a water bottle for the night, you can either bring your own reusable bottle or buy one on board.
* Available on board :
Shower towels, beach towel and bathrobe for after dives are provided on board.
Shower gel, shampoo and hydro-alcoholic gel are also provided.
The cabins are equipped with hair dryers and European standard 220V electrical outlets.
* There are several possibilities for payment of extras on board :
By Credit Card (except American Express), as with any payment by card outside of your country, there are bank charges.
In cash, we accept the following currencies : €, EGP, CHF, $.