Frequently Asked Questions
We know that it can be difficult to have the all documents before travelling : passport, tickets, luggage and others.
To be easier for you to prepare your luggage, please find below some information.
- Welcome on the boat at your arrival:
On board and at any time of the day or night, a member of the supervising team (instructor or manager) will be waiting to welcome you and show you to your cabin.
* To enter Egypt, you need to have a passport available and with a minimum of 6 months of availability after you return flight.
* At your arrival in Hurghada Airport, our partner will be waiting you at the borders office with a sign, and he will give you your visa to cross the border and take your luggage. Then, our partner will advise you to find the driver outside the airport for the transfer.
To foresee :
* Your diving documents (levels cards, dive log, medical certificate (of one year), insurance
* Sun protection (cream, hat, glasses)
* Light clothing for the day and clothing warmer in windy weather (rather early and late season)
* Some medications you are used to. (We have medicine on board)
* Replacement dive computer battery, batteries for your devices, mask strap and flippers …
* What to organize the aperitifs (alcohol and delicacies typical of your region).
* Our cruises are made for arrival and departure flights from Saturday to Saturday. The Nautile Evo leaves the quay aroun 7:30 on Sunday, departure day, and come back on Friday in the afternoon.
* On Sunday, departure day, after the breakfast, you will attend the arrival briefing in which you will be presented the team and explained the trip of the week, all the rules of life on board, safety, courses and diving sites.
* The day of Saturday (before and after the cruise) is dedicated to the cleaning of the boat. For the working comfort of our staff, we asked you to leave the rooms and the boat from 09:00 to 16:00.
- Schedule of a typical day:
The instructors will come to your door between 5:30 and 6:30 (depending on season). RDV at the sundeck bar for a coffee / tea and cupcake. Briefing dive in the next half hour and preparation to dive. Diving and breakfast. Rest, nap …
2nd dive around 10 am and lunch. Coffee, nap, idleness …
3rd dive around 3 pm. Aperitif together on the sundeck around 6 pm and dinner around 7:30 pm.
At each dive trip, the crew will serve you a fresh fruit juice accompanied by a delicacy.
All meals are held in the restaurant of NAUTILE EVO with the exception of 2 evening meals which will be served on the terrace of the last bridge.
All briefings and meals are punctuated by the bell to bring together all the divers.
BEFORE THE CRUISE :
You can let your luggage on board from Saturday morning and get on board from 16:00.
AFTER THE CRUISE :
On Saturday morning, breakfast on board at 8 am. You will leave your cabins after breakfast and store your luggage in the restaurant so that the crew can clean the cabins.
You will have an appointment on board for your departure by minibus towards the airport.
WIFI is available on board. The quantity of data is limited, so please disconnect your automatic update on your phones, and don’t download video or music. The ID and password for the connection to the Wifi are noted behind the door the lounge. Some trips don’t have any connection during 3 or 4 days.
- Hygiene and Safety on board :
* All foods are cleaned with mineral water. All cooking waters are mineral. The kitchen of the NAUTILE EVO is equipped with professional refrigerators and freezers which are followed and revised very regularly. In case of problem on one, a 2nd is available.
We pay particular attention to respecting the cold chain.
* The NAUTILE EVO is equipped with fire detectors, fire extinguishers, lifeboats, an emergency exit located at the front of the lower deck (cabin 5) which leads to the bow of the boat. In each cabin are lifejackets and fire extinguishers. Evacuation plans are also in each cabin.
* In the event of an alarm (ringing non-stop), RDV on the sundeck with the monitors who will give the safety instructions).
* Smoking is prohibited inside and on the equipment platform.
* Safety in diving: several pharmacies are on board, an automatic defibrillator, oxygen and masks (BAVU). A block to the pendulum in case of air loss.
* The 2 speedboats are equipped with mini pharmacies, Nitrox pendulum block and a pure O2 block.
* Diving in the Red Sea is limited to 40 m in recreational diving. (Air or nitrox). It is possible to extend this depth according to the prerogatives and equipment of the divers.
- Equipment available on board:
The NAUTILE EVO is equipped with a multimedia lounge. Possibility to watch movies (large collection of movies in French), library of books, guides on fish and Red Sea sites.
At the COSI Bar, you can connect a phone or a tablet to listen to music.
On the last bridge, sound equipment (DJ decks and lighting) to celebrate.
In order to reduce our production of plastics on board, please bring with you a reusable bottle, or a flask. We don’t give plastic bottle of water.
* Bath towel, beach towel, bathrobe are provided on board. Shower gel and shampoo are also provided.* All the cabins are equipped with hairdryer and sockets of 220V standard.
* For all your extras, you can pay on board by Credit Card (except American Express), cash €, EGP, CHF, $.